Rajesh Mehta is the Founder & CEO of `Agora’. He is a known and respected professional in the industry. He has a very successful career, spanning more than 2 decades and has vast experience in strategic planning, marketing, branding, media planning and buying. He has multi country, multi cultural experience.He has successfully led Management & Marketing teams and programs at Western Union, Emami, Pidilite Industries, Rasna, Tips & Toes and Mukand. He had been an integral part of the leadership teams in all these organizations. He is a seasoned speaker and have spoken at many of the prestigious forums like, CII, FICCI , CMO Pitch Summit and many more. He has been the official spokesperson for many of the organizations he has worked in.
The Feelancer team had a chance to catch up with Rajesh Mehta for a discussion on his consulting practice.
Please provide a brief about your profile/ your consulting firm’s profile.
`Agora’ is a boutique marketing advisory, engaged in serving clients that have multiple needs across the Strategy & Marketing value chain – It is your Outsourced CMO
Please provide a brief overview of your product(s) or service(s).
Some of the key services Offered by `Agora’ are:
- End to end services in the Strategy & Marketing value chain.
- Marketing Strategy & Planning.
- Product & Brand Strategy.
- New Product Development.
- Media Planning & Execution.
- Forging Alliances.
- Celebrity Management & Bollywood Associations.
- Retail Solutions.
- Sales & Distribution support.
- Support all kinds consumer facing organisations , specifically Start-ups & Mid sized organisations.
What inspired you to start your practice/ start offering the above product or service?
- `Agora’ ,as your outsourced CMO is designed to fill the need for experienced & seasoned marketing inputs ,at a fraction of a cost and it create an advisory which supports just not Strategy creation but help implement the same in the market place.
Work experience involves a broad spectrum of categories as follows:-
- Cosmetics, Toiletries and Personal Care
- Soft Drink Concentrate, Juices, Bottled Water
- Snack Foods & Confectionaries
- Steel ,Adhesives, Anti-Termite
- Household Care Products
- Money Transfer
- International school
- Lifestyle Grooming programs
What is your target market? Who are the clients whom you think can immensely benefit from the services your firm provides?
SMEs , Start ups across India
What has been the most challenging part of your journey till now?
Helping organisations see and appreciate the Value this service provides to them has been one of the biggest challenge till date.
What has been your/your firms’ biggest achievement?
Past employers seeking consulting on their Strategy & Marketing needs is our biggest achieveent till date.
What are your future plans? What should clients look for in future from you in next few years?
Planning to have specialized sessions on Marketing , Media planning for Startups which i feel can out TG can expect after few years.
If you have to share one tip for success, what would that be?
Perseverance! Keep moving forward.
What is the one mistake that you feel individuals must avoid?
Please share the details of some of your awards/accolades.
Recipient of following Awards:
- Company Award for making Rasna -Number 1, Most Trusted Beverage brand in 2003, conducted by Brand Equity, The Economic Times, across all
- Soft Drinks and Milk Additives and Number 15 across all product categories, moving up from 17 (Year 2002) and 21 (Year 2001)
- `Mera Brand Award’ for Soft Drink Categor
- 5 Abby Awards in a year for Fevicol Brand Campaigns
- Global ‘Connected Award’ at 2012 Western Union Annual Conference, for outstanding team work and leadership on global India Task Force
- Star of the Industry Award by CMO Council Asia
- `Brand Slam Leadership Award’ by CMO Asia
- Cannes Gold Lion for OOH Campaign
- Spikes Asia Silver for OOH Campaign
- Adfest, Asia Pacific Silver (2 nos) for OOH Campaign